COVID-19 Update

As we continue to move through the year and the circumstances around COVID-19 restrictions slowly begin to change, we are continuing to monitor both government guidance and the unfolding situation with other running events scheduled to take place towards the end of the year.

While some of our freedoms are starting to return, it is important to understand that there is a big difference between meeting family and friends for outdoor exercise with social distancing in place, and gathering over 1000 people together for a race, even if it is through the wide-open space of the South Gloucestershire countryside.

At this point in time there has still been no clear statement, or proposed plan published, that covers safely resuming mass gatherings of people, such as we would need to enable the Sodbury Slog to take place. Because of this we are still not in a position to confidently open entries for this year’s event.
As the weeks pass we move ever closer to the reality that we may not actually get the required clarity within the timeframe we need to effectively organise a safe event for everyone. This takes us to the point that we may need to take the hard decision that we have no choice but to cancel the Sodbury Slog for this year. But we are not there yet.
As an organising committee we are still talking often, and are planning to meet again at the end of June to reassess the situation, with all information we have available to us at that point, when we will make a final decision whether we will be able to host the event this year. So please keep watching our usual channels for more information, and please continue to stay safe.
Scroll to top